Freda (@azaprins) – PhD student, not a postdoc!
1. What is your message for BRSM?
Have fun, enjoy yourself, and don’t forget us when you’re famous 😉
2. What is one postdoc survival tip you would give to BRSM?
Have a work-life balance if you can?! Carry on mountain biking in your spare time.
3. Do you have a fun story you could share from your postdoc and/or US academic experience?
Well not really, I am not a postdoc so I thought it?d be rather nice to get some tweeps together who are/were postdocs to bestow their advice and blessing on you at this blog party!
4. A survival tip for living in the US? Share an idiom if you’re American!
Do not make any jokes at US border & customs as gaining entry is essential. After that the world is your oyster.
5. What would you like to see on BRSM blog in the future?
How postdoc life is different Stateside, and keep the Woodward Wednesdays going!
6. Anything else?
Always remember that your interest in the history of our subject (quote!) helped to solve an important synthetic problem. I also think that you’re curious, clever and encouraging enough to be a wonderful postdoc, so I wish you all the very best for the future. X